Here are the details for the SJABA Intermediate Draft.
The St. John's Amateur Baseball Association (SJABA) annually hosts two drafts (Intermediate / Senior) for any new players wishing to enter the league. The Deadline to register for the Draft is Friday, May 24th 2019.
- First Draft is held prior to the start of the season (May).
- Second Draft is held in July.
- Players must be 1st year midget or older to be eligible for the Intermediate draft.
- Players 22 years or older will be required to enter the Senior draft. (If undrafted they will be entered in the Intermediate draft.)
- Players must complete the SJABA "Draft Registration Form" to be eligible for the draft (see link below). Players are required to complete all required fields and provide as much information as possible.
- Players will be divided into Groups and will receive an Email indicating which session to attend.
- Players should come dressed in appropriate baseball attire including pants, hat, glove, cleats, bat (wooden) and helmet.
- There is a $5.00 open workout fee (per player).
- All players that register for the draft may not be drafted.
- All players that are drafted may not make the team they are drafted by.
- All players that are drafted and make a team may have to pay registration fees which are determined by the individual team.
- Teams reserve the right to release player(s) at any time during the season.
The Draft Registration Form is available online on the league website.
Open Workout(s) will be held at St. Pat's Ball Park for new players prior to the 1st draft.
Group 1 Saturday May 25 1:00 PM
Group 2 Saturday May 25 3:00 PM
*** Alternate Date ***
Group 1 Sunday May 26 1:00 PM
Group 2 Sunday May 26 3:00 PM
Any questions or comments can be directed to email@example.com
Link to the posting on the SJABA wesbite: https://www.leaguelineup.com/topnews.asp?url=stjohnsbaseball&itemid=1776883